Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) was developed to replace traditional cumbersome and error-prone process of manually transferring important document between partners. It provides many benefits to businesses because it dramatically reduces staff overheads, makes transactions more efficient, saves a lot of time in processing paperwork, and helping your business to focus on the core business activities.
However, as with any process, EDI sometimes have multiple points at which errors and exceptions can occur, that can affect accuracy, add to your costs, and create roadblocks. These errors usually have a domino effect and can cripple the entire system – everyone from the supplier to the CSR team, IT team, and customers. It can damage business relationships and can result in loss of profits or business. Although, EDI has helped to digitize the entire process – challenges, complexities, and exception remain. Automating EDI process can help alleviate many of the problems caused by EDI errors and remove any need for manual intervention. It is essentially an overlay to the EDI system where every transaction takes place.
Benefits of automating the EDI process
- Business automation solutions can remove the need for manual intervention and enhance the accuracy, efficiency, and security of the system
- Handling of the errors is automated, thus eliminating the need for expensive IT professionals to help resolve the issues
- With workflow automation, the system automatically solves recurring issues, helping to accelerate the overall process and reduce the numbers of errors over the time
- Automating paper-based tasks allows the team to focus on important tasks and helps to increase the overall productivity of the team
- Instant processing of business document results in fewer canceled orders, fewer stock outs, and less re-working of reorders
- Automating the exchange of data across the supply chain ensures that the critical business data is sent on time, so sellers can improve their cash flow and see a reduction in order-to-cash cycles
- Businesses can free their working capital tied up in inventory due to short order processing times and quick delivery times
- Automation EDI solutions can easily be configured to work with existing EDI or ERP infrastructures without the need to invest in new systems
Right up to now, handling and resolving EDI errors or exceptions were more of human intervention. But, with automated EDI system, these issues can be addressed promptly. An automated system ensures that all tasks go through a single system and track and resolve customer issues through the same interface – helping to build and cement trust in business relationships.
Pulse Tech Solutions have years of experience in designing bespoke business automation solutions for a wide range of industries. Contact us today, if you want us to help you build an automated EDI system.