Meet the client:
Veterans Logistics Group (VetsLG) is a complete supply chain solution with 20+ years of experience. With over 220,000 sq ft of warehousing space in Los Angeles, the company provides flexible, reliable, and cost-effective supply chain solutions to exceed customer’s expectations. The company offers consulting, OTR ground, Expedited EUV, Air, Ocean, and White Glove services. With over 30,000 contracted carriers throughout North America, and a network of more than 120,000 asset based carriers, VetsLG has a deep understanding of the ever-changing technology solutions.
Having worked in the logistic industry for more than 20 years, VetsLG wanted to develop a transport management system to successfully handle the complex procedure of the Tracking & Tracing aspect of their transportation business. The client lacked proprietary software to help them create contractual partnerships with each carrier to match customer’s needs. They wanted to design a seamless execution of customer’s truckload shipments that works with both client and the carrier to help streamline and simplify the workflow.
VetsLG approached us to help them design transportation management software that monitors the vehicle’s movement throughout the entire shipment cycle – and supports all logistic stakeholders – right from freight brokers, fleet owners to freight forwarders. The goal of the software is to ensure everyone involved in a shipment is updated throughout the process.
When VetsLG approached Pulse Tech Solutions Pty Ltd, the concept was still just an idea. Over the next few weeks, we helped them establish a clear direction before moving towards the next stage: the design, development, and launch of their iOS and Android app. The goal was clear: deliver a seamless transport management system that addresses the unique needs of this industry and make the transportation process simple. It should also boost operational efficiency and improve customer service.
Here are some of the notable features of the app:
- 24/7 tracking with a live view dashboard
- Directly upload all shipment related documents from app
- Find fuel, towing, & mechanics based on the driver’s location
- Offer real-time location of the vehicle accurate to 15 meters
- Helping to plan the delivery routes with real-time alerts for traffic and breakdown information
- Accept POD signature on the phone to ensure the entire delivery process is transparent and hassle-free for both customers and clients
- Transmit load delivery photos and access BOL image promptly from the Load Board
- Instantly send the invoice along with paperwork from drivers to VetsLG
- Assign shipments based on Geolocation
- Logs of phone calls and messages sent and received
- Records of detailed texts and calls
Other important features added to the system through the course of development:
- Locate trucks 24/7 using Geolocation
- Negotiate & bid the freight charges directly through the app
- Sends the location of drivers periodically through an automated system
- Automated arrival & departure alerts
Our expertise and efforts resulted in a powerful transport management system built-in full compliance with customer needs. Our solution exceeded client expectations in terms of UI, functionalities, and delivery on time. The solution has drastically improved the speed of cargo processing, delivers real-time information on freight tracking, removes all manual paperwork and reduces errors caused by invalid/missing data.
In addition to meeting the set goals, VetsLG also witnessed the following results:
- Automation of miscellaneous manual processes
- Automation of invoice generation through Quickbooks
- Easy task tracking and management
- Increased efficiency through accurate estimation of delivery
- Integration of payment processes through Quickbooks
Let’s Talk About Your Project!
Learn how our mobile app development services can help you build better mobile relationships with your customers. Start a conversation today.